Superintendent – Julie Cope (570)441-2059 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
*** NOTE *** The judge reserves the right to judge the show accordingly due to no sale at end of fair week.
General Rules for Department 3
- Entry forms must be in Superintendents hands by July 1.
- Entry fee $4.00 per animal – payment do with entry.
- Animals must be entered between 12 – 6 PM on Sunday August 8th and remain on the fair grounds until 8:30 PM on Saturday August 14th.
- All late entries will be charged $20.00 per animal pending stall availability.
- Entries may be limited depending on availability of stalls.
- All exhibitors will provide own bedding.
- Fair may withhold premiums if you fail to comply with any of the rules and/or regulations stated in the premium book.
- Livestock show times: Market animals will show Tuesday August 10th starting at 3:00 PM and Breeding animals will show Wednesday, August 11th starting at 10:00 AM.
Section 1 & 2 – Beef Cattle
1 – Shorthorn Plus Beef Cattle
2 – Other Beef Cattle
Breeding Beef Rules and Regulations
- All substitutions must be made with in the same breed, and must be approved by the Superintendent prior to check in.
- All cattle must be registered; registration papers will be required during check in.
- All other general fair rules & health regulations apply.
- An animal may only be shown in one breed class even if it is cross-registered in more than one breed.
|3||1-2||03001||Bull Calf - born after January 1, 2021||15||12||10||8||5|
|3||1-2||03002||Grand Champion Bull||Rosette|
|3||1-2||03003||Reserve Grand Champion Bull||Rosette|
|3||1-2||03004||Junior Heifer Calf - born after March 1, 2020||15||12||10||8||5|
|3||1-2||03005||Senior Heifer Calf - born between 9/1/20 & 10/31/20||15||12||10||8||5|
|3||1-2||03006||Junior Yearling Heifer - born after 3/1/20 - 8/31/20||20||18||15||12||8|
|3||1-2||03007||Early Junior Yearling Heifer - born between 1/1/20 & 2/28/20||20||18||15||12||8|
|3||1-2||03008||Senior Yearling Heifer - born between 9/1/19- 12/31/19||20||18||15||12||8|
|3||1-2||03009||Junior Champion Female||Ribbon|
|3||1-2||03010||Junior Reserve Champion Female||Ribbon|
|3||1-2||03011||2 & 3 Year Old Cow - born 1/1/17- 8/31/19||40||32||25||18||12|
|3||1-2||03012||4 Year Old Cow & Older - born before 12/31/17||40||32||25||18||12|
|3||1-2||03013||Senior Champion Female||Ribbon|
|3||1-2||03014||Senior Reserve Champion Female||Ribbon|
|3||1-2||03015||Grand Champion Female||Rosette|
|3||1-2||03016||Reserve Grand Champion Female||Rosette|
|3||1-2||03017||Pennsylvania Special (2 head bred & owned)||30||25||20||15||10|
|3||1-2||03018||Get of Sire (3 animals same sire)||30||25||20||15||10|
|3||1-2||03020||Best animal bred and owned by exhibitor||30||25||20||15||10|
Section 3 – Market Steer
Market Steer Rules and Regulations
- Weigh – in on Sunday August 8th starting at 7:30pm.
- Must Weigh between 800lbs and 1,400 lbs.
- All substitutions must be approved by the Superintendent prior to check – in.
- All other general fair rules & health requirements apply.
- *Over fitting of breeding and market animals will be discriminated against. Any artificial means used to change the form or shape of an animal will disqualify it from competition.
|3||3||03021||Market Steer (Light Weight)||30||25||20||15||10|
|3||3||03022||Market Steer (Medium Weight)||30||25||20||15||10|
|3||3||03023||Market Steer (Heavy Weight)||30||25||20||15||10|
|3||3||03024||Grand Champion Market Steer||Rosette|
|3||3||03025||Reserve Grand Champion Market Steer||Rosette|
revised for 2021 fair.