ANIMAL EXHIBITORS: See the2019 PA Fairs Animal Health Rules and Regulations (PDF) for additional animal Health requirements.
It has been brought to our attention that there is a misprint in the fair book. CVI’s are “required” for animals to be entered into the fair.
All exhibitors agree to be bound by the rules and regulations of the Montour-DeLong Community Fair Association:
- Exhibitors are limited to one entry per class except as noted in livestock classes.
- All exhibitors must be preregistered by July 24.
- Notice! The fair directors request that all entries be sent in by July 24. Absolutely no late entries will be accepted! All exhibits must be preregistered.
- Mail to: Montour DeLong Community Fair, PO Box 11, Washingtonville, PA 17884.
- Entries in the Fair are open to residents of Pennsylvania, except 4-H and FFA which are limited to Montour and Northumberland Counties.
- All entries must be pre-entered by July 24.
- All exhibits will be accepted on Monday, July 30,2019 between the hours of 12:00 noon and 8:00 p.m. Exhibitors should allow themselves plenty of time to get all exhibits checked in before 8:00 p.m.
- All exhibits will be checked in by a fair committee person in each department.
- All judging, except livestock, Department 10 and baked goods will start at 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, July 31, 2019.
- Judging for Department 10 will be done at the 4-H Round-Up, at 2:00 p.m., Saturday, July 28, 2019.
- Judging for Junior Foods (Dept. 11) and Baked Products (Dept. 15) will be done at 8 p.m., Monday, July 30, 2019.
- All exhibits may be removed after 9:00 p.m., the last day of the fair or on Sunday, between 12:00 noon and 1:30 p.m. You need to have your ticket stub to pick up items!
- NO EXHIBITS ARE TO BE REMOVED BEFORE THESE TIMES UNLESS SPECIAL PERMISSION IS GRANTED BY THE FAIR MANAGEMENT.
- Members of judging or exhibiting committees may enter exhibits in classes in departments on which they are serving, but may not interfere with judging activities in any way.
- Reasonable care will be taken to protect all exhibits on display from all injury or damage, but the fair is not in anyway to be held responsible for accidents, loss or damage by water, fire, theft or otherwise, whatever may be the cause or extent of the damage or loss.
- Entries must be made according to classifications listed in this premium book.
- Premiums as listed may be given for meritorious exhibits. In cases where there is no competition, judges may give an award such as they deem the exhibit is worthy to receive. The same rule applies where there are fewer entries in any class then the number of premiums offered. The judges may, at their discretion, award a prize or prizes of such grade that they deem the exhibit deserves.
- The fair reserves the right to determine how many entries they will accept from any exhibitor in the same class, and in the case of livestock, the same breed.
- The decision of the judges shall be final in all cases, except where mistakes, fraud, misrepresentation, or collusion, not discovered at the time of the award, is proven. In such case, the superintendent, manager, or secretary of the fair or show, or such referee as he/she may appoint, may make the decision with his approval.
- It shall be the responsibility of the exhibitor to make known the proper name of the article or breed of livestock he is entering. Any item entered improperly will be disqualified to receive a prize.
- All entries must be grown, produced or made since the previous years fair.
- Superintendents of a Department reserve the right to refuse an entry for competition deemed unacceptable due to inferior quality, and/or not possessing sufficient merit to warrant recognition, or other reason which may detract from the integrity of the fair.
- The management of the fair may at any time order the removal of any exhibit or part of an exhibit in bad condition, and any article unfit for exhibition.
- Every exhibit accepted for premium competition must be given an entry tag, to be plainly marked showing the name of the exhibit and class number entered.
- In the case of livestock, the breed name must be shown on cards large enough so that the breed name is readily identified by the viewers, or if the livestock is grouped together by breeds, one large sign to designate the group will be satisfactory. The award winnings must be placed on the stall or pen of the individual winners for the duration of the fair and in the case of rabbits, entry tags showing species must be plainly exhibited on each coop and winning stickers must appear on such entry tags showing winners. Failure to comply with this regulation will result in the forfeiture of premiums. It will be the duty of the fair officials to see that this regulation is complied with. Where award ribbons are stolen or destroyed, the exhibitor may receive a duplicate at the close of the fair or show, which shall be supplied by the fair free of charge.
- During the judging of exhibits, buildings, except the livestock arena, are to be closed to everyone except fair officials, judges and necessary attendants. No exhibitor or his agent shall communicate with the judge during the time of determining awards, except to answer questions proposed by the judges. Any exhibitor interfering with the judges while awards are being determined shall forfeit any premium to which he would otherwise have been entitled.
- All livestock offered for premium must be the property of the owners for thirty (30) days or longer, except 4-H and FFA entries, which must qualify under 4-H and FFA rules for projects.
- No person shall be allowed in the ring while the livestock is being judged, except the judge, superintendents and necessary attendants.Should any animal awarded a prize be disqualified, the animals gaining the next lower prizes shall move up into the next higher position if, in the opinion of the judges, the animals are worthy of such prizes.
- Over fitting of any species will be discriminated against. Any artificial means used to change the form or shape of an animal will disqualify it from competition.
**We do not permit any alcohol on the premises!**
updated for 2019 Fair.