Superintendent – Julie Cope (570)441-2059 Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair Person – Nick Pease
General Rules for Department 2
- Entry forms must be in the Superintendents hand no later than July 1.
- Entry fees $4.00 per animal – payment due with entry form
- Animals may be entered Sunday July 28th between 12 – 6 PM.
- Entries may be limited depending on availability of stalls.
- Exhibitors need to provide their own bedding.
- Fair may withhold premiums if you fail to comply with any rules and/or regulations stated in the premium Book.
Sections 1-6 – Dairy Cattle
2- Brown Swiss
6- Red & White
Dairy Cattle Rules and Regulations
- Judging on Thursday, August 2nd, 10:00 AM.
* Show order: Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Guernsey, Holstein, Jersey, Red & White (alphabetical)
- Animals must be recorded at least 87 % to the appropriate registry association for their respective breed.
- All substitutions must be within the same breed and must be approved by the Superintendent prior to Check-in.
- All animals must have registration papers at check-in.
- All general fair rules and health regulations apply.
- Animals can only be entered under one breed.
- Red & White Holsteins must have registration papers from the Red & White Association to show under this breed.
Premier Awards – General Rules
- Recipient must be an exhibitor at the fair.
- Top 6 point animals will be counted for each breeder and exhibitor.
- Points will be awarded in individual classes only, not group classes.
- No additional points for champions.
- Points will be the same for all classes as follows:
1st – 10 pts; 2nd – 8 pts; 3rd – 6 pts; 4th – 4 pts; 5th – 2 pts.
Secton 7 – Dairy Beef
Dairy Beef General Rules
- Weigh-in on Sunday July 28th, Starting at 7:00 PM
- Livestock judging is at 3:00 PM on Tuesday July 30th.
- Must weigh between 200lbs. & 800lbs.
- All substitutions must be approved by the Superintendent prior to check-in
- All other General Rules and Health Requirements on Pages 4 & 5 apply.
- Animals will be assigned to specific classes after weigh-in.
revised for 2019 fair.