Section 1 – Tractor & 4 Wheel Vehicle Pulls
See Tractor Pulls for detailed information.
Section 3 – Youth Fun Contest
Monday at 7:00 PM– Arena
|22||3||22070||3-5 yr old Clothes Pin Drop||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22071||3-5 yr old Peanut Scramble||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22072||6-8 yr old Kangaroo Race||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22073||6-8 yr old Ice Cube Race||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22074||9-11 yr old Sack Rack||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22075||9-11 yr old Balloon Stomp||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22076||12-13 yr old Balloon Race||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22077||12-13 yr old Cotton Ball Race||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22078||14-16 yr old Egg Race||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22079||14-16 yr old Bubble Gum Race||$3||$2||$1|
Section 3 – Old Fashioned Contest
|22||3||22092||Hog Calling Contest||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22093||Bale Toss, instructions will be furnished at time of contest.||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22094||Men's Corn Shelling Contest||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22095||Women's Corn Shelling Contest||$3||$2||$1|
|Team Old Fashion Contest|
|22||3||22100||Wheel Barrel Race (each wheel barrel driver will be blind folded with a female as the passenger to be his back seat driver)||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22101||Bag Race (instructions will be furnished as the time of the contest)||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22102||Bale Stacking - Teams of 3||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22104||Bale Stacking - Teams of 2||$3||$2||$1|
Section 3 – Kiddie Pedal-Powered Tractor Pull
Chairperson – Barry Woodruff
Thursday at 5:30 PM – Arena
- Competition by ages 3 thru 10 years boys and girls pull against each other by age.
- Distance each Contestant pulls the weight sled is measured and recorded.
- Weight is added to sled as required to determine each category winner.
- No use of hands to roll rear tires.
- All movement of tractor must be forward by pedaling (leg power only).
- No backing up and snatching of slide.
- Disqualification for feet or foot being removed from pedals or touching surface of track.
- Winners of each class pull the most weight the longest distance by pedaling tractor and weigh slide plus weights, the longest distance.
- Pull-off will be held when two or more contestants perform a full pull. Additional weight will be added to transfer sled.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Parents of contestants must register and sign wavier of liability for their child (children).
- Only Contestants helpers, the putter and putter’s parents permitted on stage during pull.
|22||3||22110||Kiddie Pedal Pull, 3 yr olds||$5||$4||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22111||Kiddie Pedal Pull, 4 yr olds||$5||$4||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22112||Kiddie Pedal Pull, 5 yr olds||$5||$4||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22113||Kiddie Pedal Pull, 6 yr olds||$5||$4||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22114||Kiddie Pedal Pull, 7 yr olds||$5||$4||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22115||Kiddie Pedal Pull, 8 yr olds||$5||$4||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22116||Kiddie Pedal Pull, 9 yr olds||$5||$4||$3||$2||$1|
|22||3||22117||Kiddie Pedal Pull, 10 yr olds||$5||$4||$3||$2||$1|
Section 3 – Toy and Pet Parade
DAY OF THE WEEK, 6:00 PM – Arena
All Entrants may register. Every participant will receive a treat. (Sponsored by 4-H Teen Council). One Class per participant.
General Health Rules apply for all live animals.
Sorry no pigs or fowl or exotic species due to health regulations.
|22||3||22135||Most unusual Marked Cat|
|22||3||22140||Caged Pet (IE hamster, guinea pig)|
|22||3||22141||"Radio Flyer" Wagon size Float|
|22||3||22144||Goats - Goat Health Rules apply.|
|22||3||22145||Sheep - Sheep Health Rules apply.|
|22||3||22146||Horses - Horse Health Rules apply.|
|22||3||22147||Ponies - Pony Health Rules apply.|
|22||3||22148||Calves - Calves Health Rules apply.|
Section 3 – Poster Contest
Chairperson – Shirley Masser
Criteria for the State Contest
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture will once again conduct a statewide poster contest at the agriculture fairs. Participating fairs will hold their own contest and submit one poster from each age group to the state level for additional judging and cash prizes.
- Only one poster may be submitted per exhibitor, per age group. There will be three state competitions: ages 8-11, 12-14, and 15-18. Exhibitors must be in one of these age groups as of June 1st of the current fair season to qualify.
- The poster size must be either 14 x 22 inches or 14 ½ x 22 inches. Other sizes will not be accepted for judging at the state level.
- This year’s theme is “Inspiring PA’s Agriculture Story” Exhibitors using other themes will be disqualified at the state level.
- Only one poster per age group per fair may be forwarded for the state competition. The fair secretary or contest coordinator is responsible for submitting the poster and completing the entry form for each poster with each age group.
- Posters must be packaged flat. Posters rolled or folded will be ineligible for judging.
- Posters must be received post marked by November 1st of the current year.
- Posters will be evaluated on use of the theme, visual appearance and creativity in relation to the exhibitor’s age.
- Premium checks for: 1st – $100; 2nd – $75; 3rd – $50.
These checks will be presented by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture to the top three individuals. Winners will be notified in advance and invited to attend an awards presentation. They will also be required to provide their social security numbers for award disbursements.
- All posters will become the property of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture for possible future promotional activities for the Pennsylvania Farm Show and Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs. Any duplication of posters from previous years will be disqualified.
|22||3||22150||Poster Contest, ages 8-11||$10||$7.50||$5|
|22||3||22151||Poster Contest, ages 12-14||$10||$7.50||$5|
|22||3||22152||Poster Contest, ages 14-18||$10||$7.50||$5|
revised for 2019 Fair.