Section 1 – Tractor & 4 Wheel Vehicle Pulls
See Tractor Pulls for detailed information.
Section 3 – Youth Fun Contest
Chairperson Yvonne Young
Monday at 7:00 PM– Arena
Section 3 – Old Fashioned Contest
Monday at ___ PM – ????
Section 3 – Team Contest
???? – ???
Section 3 – Kiddie Pedal-Powered Tractor Pull
Chairperson – Barry Woodruff
Thursday at 5:30 PM – Arena
- Competition by ages 3 thru 10 years boys and girls pull against each other by age.
- Distance each Contestant pulls the weight sled is measured and recorded.
- Weight is added to sled as required to determine each category winner.
- No use of hands to roll rear tires.
- All movement of tractor must be forward by pedaling (leg power only).
- No backing up and snatching of slide.
- Disqualification for feet or foot being removed from pedals or touching surface of track.
- Winners of each class pull the most weight the longest distance by pedaling tractor and weigh slide plus weights, the longest distance.
- Pull-off will be held when two or more contestants perform a full pull. Additional weight will be added to transfer sled.
- Judges decisions are final.
- Parents of contestants must register and sign wavier of liability for their child (children).
- Only Contestants helpers, the putter and putter’s parents permitted on stage during pull.
Section 3 – Fleece to Shaw Competition
Saturday from 12:00 – 4:00 PM – ???
OBJECTIVE: To spin an unwashed, in the grease, wool fleece into yarn and weave the yarn into a shawl in a 3 hour time limit. Each team shall consist of 5 members: 1 carder, 3 spinners and 1 weaver. A maximum of 10 teams will participate. Teams must be residents of Pennsylvania.
- Entries must be postmarked no later than July 30, 2016.
- Entry Forms and rules can be obtained from the fair book or web site.
- No drum carders or electric bobbin winders if will be allowed. Hand carding is not required.
- Shawl requirements are as follows: the finished shawl must be at least 22” wide and 72” long, excluding the fringe. To be eligible for judging, the shawl must be off the loom and be completely finished by knotting or hemstitching the ends.
- Each team will supply their own warp and thread loom before the contest. The minimum designs space is eight EPI. Wrap must be 100% wool.
- Each team will supply all equipment including spinning wheels, carders, looms etc. Chairs will be supplied upon request.
- Each team will identify themselves with distinctive signs/banners and distinctive dress.
- Premiums will be awarded as follows: 1st – $125; 2nd – $100, 3rd – $75; 4th – $50.
Section 3 – Toy and Pet Parade
Chairperson – Yvonne Young
DAY OF THE WEEK, 6:00 PM – Arena
All Entrants may register. Every participant will receive a treat. (Sponsored by 4-H Teen Council). One Class per participant.
General Health Rules apply for all live animals.
Sorry no pigs or fowl or exotic species due to health regulations.
Section 3 – Fun Safety on the Fairground Poster Contest
Chairperson – Donna Anstadt
Criteria for the State Contest
The Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture will once again conduct a statewide poster contest at the agriculture fairs. Participating fairs will hold their own contest and submit one poster from each age group to the state level for additional judging and cash prizes.
- Only one poster may be submitted per exhibitor, per age group. There will be three state competitions: ages 8-11, 12-14, and 15-18. Exhibitors must be in one of these age groups as of June 1st of the current fair season to qualify.
- The poster size must be either 14 x 22 inches or 14 ½ x 22 inches. Other sizes will not be accepted for judging at the state level.
- This year’s theme is “Know Your Farmer” Exhibitors using other themes will be disqualified at the state level.
- Only one poster per age group per fair may be forwarded for the state competition. The fair secretary or contest coordinator is responsible for submitting the poster and completing the entry form for each poster with each age group.
- Posters must be packaged flat. Posters rolled or folded will be ineligible for judging.
- Posters must be received post marked by November 1st of the current year.
- Posters will be evaluated on use of the theme, visual appearance and creativity in relation to the exhibitor’s age.
- Premium checks for: 1st – $100; 2nd – $75; 3rd – $50.
These checks will be presented by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture to the top three individuals. Winners will be notified in advance and invited to attend an awards presentation. They will also be required to provide their social security numbers for award disbursements.
- All posters will become the property of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture for possible future promotional activities for the Pennsylvania Farm Show and Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs. Any duplication of posters from previous years will be disqualified.
revised for 2017 Fair.