Friday, August 3, 2018 at 1 PM. – Arena
GOAL: The goal of the contest is to acquaint youth with the showman ship skills and requirements of various farm animal species. The Supreme Showman Contest will have two divisions, Senior and Intermediate.
Rules and Regulations:
- Each species representative will be the senior/intermediate Showmanship winner of the following species: Market Steers, Market Lambs, Market Goats and Dairy Cattle.
- If the Senior/Intermediate Division winner declines or is ineligible to participate, the next highest placing showman shall represent the species.
- If a contestant is eligible to participate in more than one species, the contestant must choose one species. Rule 2 would be in effect for the declined species.
- Supreme Showman winners from previous years are ineligible to participate in the same division.
- A class of four formats shall be used with contestants showing in head to head competition for each species. The Senior and Intermediate Divisions will be showing separately.
- A contestant may have the option to not show a species if they feel uncomfortable handling the animal. No points will be deducted nor awarded in such a situation.
- It will be at the discretion of the Supreme Showmanship Committee whether the Intermediate Division will include Market Steers. This decision will be dependents upon availability of manageable beef animals.
- The Committee Chairman shall be responsible for securing animals. As well as the proper show equipment.Attire is not assigned, except; contestants must wear hard shoes. A neat appearance is encouraged. (Each contestant will receive a show shirt.)
- All animals used in the contest may not belong to any participant, his/her family members or raised with participant’s animal.
- In the event that an animal must be used as described in 8.(A), the participant will be provided another animal.
- Animals will be assigned by a random drawing.
- Consent from the owner shall be obtained before any livestock is used in the contest.
- Attire is not assigned, except: contestants must wear hard shoes. A neat appearance is encouraged. (Each contestant will receive a show shirt.)
- Contestants will be awarded points on a 1-10 scale; one being the lowest and ten being the highest.Contestants are responsible for securing training prior to the contest.
- The contestant with the highest score shall be the Supreme Showman.
- The Supreme Showman tie breaker will be a written test.
- Scores will not be made public.
- Each class in a particular species will be judged according to guidelines and practices of acceptable showmanship for that species.
- Judges’ decisions will be final.
- There will be no overall Supreme Showman selected.
updated for 2018 Fair.